Mayme's Journey Through This Life

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Asylum Door

I stand alone in my silence,
Staring at the door.
The pain I feel within my heart,
Beckons me once more.
The door stands before me.
Why don't you come inside?
I promise I will keep you.
I'm the perfect place to hide.
Come in old friend!
The door calls out.
I've heard your screams.
I've heard you shout.
The locks I have are heavy,
To lock out your pain.
I promise to unlock them,
When you want out again.
Do you offer comfort, Door?
Or is it all a trick?
I know my weary heart,
Is slowly turning sick.
Asylum door within my heart,
What lies do you tell?
Are you my salvation?
Or are you my hell?
Asylum door inside my soul,
I know your locks are strong.
You are the perfect place to hide.
Please don't get that wrong.
The trouble with asylum doors,
Is that they won't let you out.
And then you're locked away inside,
Where no one hears you shout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home