Mayme's Journey Through This Life

Friday, October 27, 2006

Amanda is not well.

I have been battling Amanda's pneumonia for a week now. I had been noticing that she has not been getting well, but not worse. Last night her temperature went up and her breathing got worse. I called the doctor on call, who is NOT her regular doctor. (It was after office hours.) He told me to keep her at home and bring her in to the office this morning. Well, now her temperature is even higher and her breathing is even more labored. She really looks like shit. I am extremely worried about her and scared. I spent an entire month in the hospital with pneumonia hooked up to a cardiac monitor in 1994. I came so close to dying that they advised my family not to leave the hospital. Pneumonia scares me badly. This is the second time since this summer that she has had it. I sort of hope they put her in the hospital and treat her more aggressively. With her at home and this sick I am so worried. I want her to get well. I am doing everything I can at home and she is only getting worse.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:19 PM, Blogger Jude said…

    Oh damn Mayme.... I was hoping Amanda would be feeling better by now too. I am keeping her in my prayers and hoping they hospitalize her to treat it. I can only imagine how scary this is for you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home