Mayme's Journey Through This Life

Friday, February 16, 2007

Cold, winter morning!

Honestly, I think my blood might be frozen in my veins. I am certainly looking forward to spring. There is nothing more beautiful than the snow and ice of winter, but that is all I can say for it. The kitchen has no insulation so that part of the house is always cold. I have a small gas heater on the wall which helps, but I can feel the cold coming off the walls. As I sit at the computer my hands are freezing. I can feel the cold radiating off the wall on the one side of me. I guess it would be a good day to bake something. I have a really bad cold. I just want to sleep. Not sure if it is the cold or the cold meds or both. I want to fix something nice for supper in this cold but my lack of energy and lack of desire for food is making it a difficult decision. I also have the birthday party (combo party for John and Mom) at my house on Sunday. (Both birthdays have passed but we didn't celebrate yet.) The house is a mess and I just don't feel much like cleaning it. I also have to come up with food for that! I have decided to make a sugar free cherry cheesecake and bake a ham. The rest I haven't decided on yet. I have so much to do today. Amanda is finally back at school after all the school closings, so I will finally get out of the house. I need to get that ham and the ingredients for everything. I also have to get a gift for my mother. I already bought John a new dressy winter coat. Well, I best get started. If I don't I'll never get done.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:38 PM, Blogger Jude said…

    Poor Mayme, head colds are so awful, I hope you're feeling better soon hon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home