Mayme's Journey Through This Life

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Icky!

Well, yesterday I was convinced my upset tummy (and the other symptoms that go with that) and higher blood sugars were because of the time of the month. Today I am not so sure. I still feel a bit queasy, but it was John that convinced me I picked up a bug. Last night I could not even bear to smell food. I made John go get Subway so I wouldn't even have to smell food cooking. This morning John is sitting at the breakfast table. I go to put oatmeal in Amanda's bowl. John groans. I know he doesn't like oatmeal but he usually isn't THAT intolerant of seeing it. I ask him if he is feeling OK. He says he doesn't know. I tell him that sounds a lot like a "No." to me. By the time he left for work he was vomiting. Of course he can't call in sick to work or he loses one of those damn points. One guy just recently got fired for accumulating too many points. (even though he was given prior approval to not do the overtime because he is in college) John has already had to lose points over that bad tooth and a few migraines. So off he goes, looking like death warmed over and puking out his guts. I told him to aim at the person who developed this damn system next time he has to toss his cookies. Makes me angrier than a rattlesnake being poked with a stick! Being "that time of the month" does nothing for me controlling my foul mood. Of course my emotions have been all over the place this morning. Crying over stories on the news. Angry with John's work. Feeling all mushy because I love him so much. Wanting to hug my kids. Just a bit of everything. I still don't feel great, but it is better than yesterday. I have to do some grocery shopping today. Guess I will drop Jenny off at my parents house on the way to do it. Thank goodness they have dsl. She was really struggling to do her schoolwork with the dial up here. I can't wait until they make dsl available here. I will be one of the first to sign up, that's for sure. Well, I guess I should go get my grocery list made and my coupons clipped.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home