Mayme's Journey Through This Life

Thursday, August 10, 2006

The Sound of Rain

Sitting here this morning I can here the sound of rain. It has been so terribly dry, hot and humid. It sounds like a nice soft, steady rain. The perfect kind of rain. If I went outside I know I would be able to smell that wonderful smell that comes with this kind of rain. I had planned to put my laundry out on the line today but I will gladly use the dryer in exchange for some nice rain. I can feel a gentle, cool breeze coming in the window as well. This rain should make the day comfortable.

Speaking of comfort, my jaw is a little sore this morning. The swelling in my face has gone down. When the swelling went down the purple around my eye went away with it. The pain in my jaw today is a sort of dull ache with a nice jab of sharp pain now and again. Nothing unbearable. I think over the counter pain killers should do the trick today. I don't like taking the prescription ones any more than necessary. I don't like how drowsy I feel when I take them. I tend to try to take them only at bedtime so I can get a good night's rest.

Well, there is nothing much on my mind this morning. I am going to read a little this morning. I hope to get some laundry done and my floors swept and mopped today. What an exciting day! LOL

2 Comments:

  • At 11:02 AM, Blogger Jude said…

    Ahhh.... rain. I love the sound and smell of rain anytime, but most especially when it's been hot!

    Glad to hear your gum is healing hon, soon you'll have pain there never again, and that's a blessing!

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger xSianyxBabyx said…

    Falling rain is especially relaxing to listen to I think.

    And the smell afterwards is glorious!

    Same as Ma, I'm glad to hear your gum is healing! You must be delighted that won't have to suffer with the pain any more!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home