Mayme's Journey Through This Life

Monday, September 11, 2006

Amanda's bike





We finally finished Amanda's bike this weekend. We aren't going to paint it until it gets too cold for her to be out riding. I think we are going to do it up as a "Steelers" bike. She loves the Steelers. Amanda helped John attach the seatbelt and then she was off! Saturday we got the bike all finished up. We video taped it and took the video in to the hospital to show Mom. She loved it! So Sunday we did not go to visit Mom and spent most of the day outside with the bike. Mom didn't mind at all. She was really glad we were out enjoying the day with Amanda. Of course we weren't able to drag Jenny out of her room. I guess you'll have that with a 14 year old. Mom is doing really well. They moved her to a private room. They now have lots of room to work with her in there. She has a dining table in her room. There is a chair that opens into a bed for Dad. Her bathroom is handicapped accessible. The bed has a traction bar over the top. She uses that to get herself to the edge of the bed. She has new braces and is getting out of bed and into a chair and taking short walks. She finally got to wash her hair yesterday too. That was good because she had company all day. We had a pretty nice weekend all around. Mom is getting well and Amanda enjoyed her new bike. I overheard Jenny on the phone telling her best girlfriend how much she likes the cyberschool. She called it fun. I also "talked" (pm'ed actually)to this wonderful woman, Lynne over the weekend. She gave me a lot of hope for Amanda. She is the first person I have ever known that I didn't have to explain agenesis of the corpus callosum. She has made me want to look into that part of Amanda's diagnosis a little farther. Most doctors haven't got a clue what I am talking about when I mention it and it has so far been dismissed. I think it may play a bigger role in her behavior than the doctors are giving credit. I am going to start by requesting an MRI to see exactly what Amanda's brain looks like. See here to find out about Agenesis of the Corpus Callosum. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agenesis_of_the_corpus_callosum

1 Comments:

  • At 12:51 PM, Blogger Jude said…

    I'm glad your weekend went well Mayme, it's time you had some good things happening in your life. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home