Mayme's Journey Through This Life

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Hectic Runaround Day

Today Jenny's child support should be in the bank. So that means we will be able to go to pick up Jenny's new glasses. They have been done for a few days now, but this being the week between John's paydays we didn't have the money to pick them up. They were pretty impressed with how well we had straightened Jenny's glasses out after Amanda bent them all up. You could still see places where they had been bent and they don't sit perfect on her face anymore. We did manage with a lot of patience to get them to a point where she could wear them until she got the new ones. She has such bad vision in her right eye. She can only see a distance of about two feet without her glasses in that eye. The other eye has relatively good vision. The trouble with that is without special lenses one eye would have a lens that is thin and the other would be extremely thick. The trouble with the special lenses is that they add $130 to the cost on top of the cost of frames and the regular price of lenses. We drove almost into Pittsburgh to go to America's Best. They advertised two pair of glasses for $69.95. However, we sure didn't get that price! That price only applies if you need no special lenses at all. We did think it was worth the drive though. She is getting two pair for the price we paid the last time for one pair of glasses at Walmart. So, we didn't get the bargain price but it still worked out cheaper for us. And she will have an extra pair to put on if something happens to one of them. She really can't go without glasses at all. So, while Amanda is at school Jenny and I will go get her glasses and maybe have a little look around the mall. Lunch out somewhere we normally couldn't go. Then in the evening when Amanda and John are home we have to take Amanda to the gynecologist for her depo shot. They have really helped her mood swings. She doesn't have to have an exam or anything. She just goes in and tells the doctor how things are and he gives her a shot. That's it. Then we go back in three months for another one.

Last night my legs were aching. I laid down on the bed and John rubbed them for me. He did a good job of relaxing me. I never really got back up. I got up and ate some chicken wings and went straight back to bed. Because of being a diabetic and on insulin I can't go to bed without eating something. I really didn't want to get back up last night. I can't remember a time when I felt that completely relaxed. I was so relaxed that John thought I was sleeping. I wasn't though. I just allowed even my mind to relax while he rubbed my legs. He is such a good husband.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:13 PM, Blogger KarenDay said…

    Oh, I know all about those glasses advertisements,noline bifocals $99.00 yeaaa, by the time they add all the stigatisms, thisatisms ,thatatimss on mine , it ran me $399.00, god its alful to be blind!..lol..ah..life is expensive!! I always feel good in new glasses though...

     
  • At 1:11 PM, Blogger DrSketch said…

    My lenses aren't cheap either, because they are so strong. I understand completely!

    Do you have any department stores with optical centers in them nearby? I know that ShopKo's optical center will do frame adjustments and lense cleanings for free, hoping that you will like them enough to buy something else... If Jenny's frames get bent again, try going to a place like that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home