Mayme's Journey Through This Life

Friday, March 30, 2007

Health

My health has recently been a roller coaster ride. Some parts of it make me feel on top of the world. Other parts have me worried and plummeting downward. As for my blood sugar control, I couldn't be more pleased. These last few months on a pump have brought me to a level of control I never thought possible. No matter what I did on shots I couldn't get control. It certainly looked as if I was eating all the wrong things if you looked at my blood sugar results, but I didn't. I just could not get it straightened out. The pump came into my life and I could see such an improvement on a day to day basis. Even eating things that would have about killed me before were handled without a problem. Then I finally get my a1c results. (the average measure over a three month period) For the first time in 27 years I have a good a1c. It is almost that of a person without diabetes. Part of the average would still be before I had the pump so I am thinking it probably is truly that of a person without diabetes now. So that part of my health has me soaring. Now on to what has me crashing. My cholesterol was a bit up but that didn't worry me. It wasn't up much and it was much lower than it has been in the past. The pill the doctor gave me should help with that. What has me worried is my legs. Both have some swelling, but one is definately a lot worse. My heart and kidneys are fine so the swelling isn't that. (which I was extremely worried that it was) However the swelling is in both legs and I don't recall injuring myself. I have gone for x-rays. The doctor thinks it may be a joint disease. I am just waiting to see if it is. There is a lot of worry about it. I don't know what it may mean to me. I have read about some extreme cases leading to amputation. I don't think that will be the case, but it is still a worry. I am hoping the doctor has some answers today. If not I probably won't hear anything until some time next week. Some times I have some pretty severe pain with it and other times I don't. I guess there is nothing to do but sit and worry until I know something.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home