Mayme's Journey Through This Life

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Saturday morning......let's get started!

We had a nice sleep in this morning. I went to bed before 9 last night. Every part of my body was aching. We got up around 8:30. My brother was here for a while this morning. He just left. We are planning to do some more reorganizing and cleaning around here. We have been changing things around to accomodate Jenny having school at home. I don't want her taking her laptop and going to her room to work. I also don't want her sitting in the middle of everything where she will be distracted. I have decided to clean out the junk room (which I have been making very little progress on) and make it into a little classroom for her. The pantry is also in there but that shouldn't bother her. I am going to move my sewing machine so that she can have that table to work on. I would also like to clean the basement. Perhaps a corner of the basement would be OK for sewing. As long as I store my fabrics in plastic it should be fine. I don't have any expensive fabrics anyway. I am going to start insisting that the old refrigerator be taken out of my kitchen and moved to the basement next week. Next weekend I hope to begin painting my kitchen. I bought the paint at the beginning of summer and it is still sitting there. I am not about to let it go until after winter. I am married to a painter after all. A new ramp needs to be put on the front of the house. I don't think that one will withstand another winter. I know I have big dreams, but I think we can at least get a decent start on it today. If things take longer than I plan that is fine. They usually do, but if I aim for doing them today I will be more motivated to get as much done as I can. So much got so far behind with my infection and our company. Time to try to do some catching up. I just hope we get it all done before the cold weather. I would like to get the ceiling painted in my bedroom before winter and get a carpet. That bare floor gets to my diabetic feet every morning. It actually hurts me to walk on the bare floor. And my ceiling resembles an abandonment. (peeling) My husband looks a little forlorn this morning, but he agrees that we need to get on these things. So.............time to tear into the work!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:38 PM, Blogger Jude said…

    Sounds like you have a lot of projects but you know a lot of it won't take much time to do, and they'll quickly get stroked off your list. Good luck Mayme, and have a good weekend!

     
  • At 8:49 PM, Blogger xSianyxBabyx said…

    Every "Check!" is a bonus Mayme, like Ma said! I hope you get all your jobs done!

    We also have a lot of projects to be getting on with. There is still a great big red wax crayon scribble under my dining room table on the wall that needs painting over! I am also married to a painter but mines also a decorator! I still have to wait! Its not fair!

    I need some of your motivation Mayme.....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home