Mayme's Journey Through This Life

Saturday, August 12, 2006

F off, old man!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Could we just fast forward to Wednesday, please! I went to the grocery store and picked up a beef roast for tonight. I have the roast beef in the oven. I said something to Maurice about having a roast in the oven. He says, "Go a little easy on the pepper, will ya?" WTF! I don't exactly drown it in pepper. I just give it a little sprinkle of salt and pepper over the top. Well I told him I just put a little sprinkle of salt and pepper over the top and he said, "That's what I was afraid of!" Piss off! Kiss my ass! He then proceeded to tell me it is fine if that is what my family is used to but if I have company I shouldn't put it on because you can always put more on but you can't take it off. Then he complained about the food in the restaurant my parents took him too. He ordered a hot roast beef sandwhich and was upset becaust they put it on bread and put gravy over everything. (That's what a hot roast beef sandwich is!) Then he complained about the way we make gravy here. (From the juices off the roast) Claims gravy is much better if you use an OXO cube. (which isn't available here) So apparently my cooking and everyone else in America's is horrible. Then he told me I need to be worried about Jenny because she is too quiet. Well she always has been. She talks to me. She confides in me. I think we have a pretty good relationship. He can just kiss my ass. I can't wait until Wednesday.

5 Comments:

  • At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cultural differences can be a pain, my grandparents spoke dutch so i could never understand what they were saying.
    Please be patient, ( before Maurice becomes one ) . Wednesday isn't to far off, oh , the roast sounds good to me, the old man is probably just stuck in his ways.

     
  • At 6:52 PM, Blogger KarenDay said…

    THIS TOO SHALL COME TO PASS...

     
  • At 7:27 PM, Blogger Mayme said…

    Well, he ate it anyway. Now we are going off to see fireworks.

     
  • At 8:08 AM, Blogger xSianyxBabyx said…

    Mayme, you and your family have been so good to Maurice. I agree with Psych, he probably is stuck in his ways! Not nice though....

    He has no right to criticise your food, your ways or tell you that you should be worried about Jenny.

    Roll on wednesday!

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hugs not to long now and you could still do what i had posted lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home